We want you to feel safe when you use Learning Genie and we do everything we can to protect you.
* PRIVACY CERTIFICATION SEAL
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau because we have high standards for security and privacy.
* COLLECTING INFORMATION
We only ask our users to provide their name and email; no other sensitive personal information is required.
Automatically Collected Information:
While using the Learning Genie Service, or when you open an email from us, we may automatically record some more information from you. This can include your device’s IP Address, web browser/type of device you are using, web pages that you visited just before or after using the Service and the date/time that you use the Learning Genie Service. This information is collected using technology such as “web beacons”.
We may also use “cookies” to automatically collect information. While using the Service, “cookies” may be sent to your computer, and will either disappear after you close your browser (session cookie) or remain after you close your browser (persistent cookie). You can modify your browser’s cookie settings, but note that doing so may limit your use of Learning Genie’s features.
Special Note About Children:
We only ask you to provide very minimal personal information, and there may be some additional information that we automatically collect from your use of the app or website.
* USING INFORMATION
So now you’re probably wondering why we collect all of this information, right?
Here’s some ways we use it:
- To analyze your usage trends, interests and/or preferences to understand how you use the Service and how we can make it better for you. This will help to create new features and functionality that enhance the way the Service works and looks. (That’s good news! We want you to have the best experience possible.)
- To contact you via email for administrative or customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy or defamation issues, or any concerns that you have posted to the Service.
- To personalize our services, for example, remembering your login information so that you will not have to re-enter it during use or the next time you use the Service.
- To monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Service. (Again, this is with the sole purpose to make your experience the best that it can be.)
- To track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- To monitor overall usage metrics of our Service and website such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, apps accessed, etc.
- To send promotional emails related to Learning Genie that we think you might be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving emails through links provided in the messages or by contacting our support team (email@example.com).
- To provide customized content, information and/or advertisements from third parties. We may use your Personal Information, including your geographical locations, preferences and usage behavior within the Service to choose relevant advertisements.
The reason we collect information from you is so that we can continue to improve your experience with Learning Genie. We may also send you emails about the service from time to time.
* SHARING INFORMATION
Under no circumstances will Learning Genie sell, lease or share any personal information about you (or your children) to or with any person or organization except (i) as authorized by you, (ii) as described in the relevant portion of Learning Genie’s Website (the “Website”), (iii) in connection with providing various products and/or services (the “Services”) to you through third-parties, (iv) to the extent you make any use of Service Provider’s mobile software application (the “Application”), or within any other agreement between the parties, (v) as may be required by law or court order, or (vi) as otherwise set forth herein.
The only ways that automatically collected information may be shared are as follows:
1. Any Personal Information that you willingly choose to share with another user through the Service or in a publicly accessible area, will be available to other users who access that content. We cannot control how others use your Personal Information once you have made it available to them.
2. We may use third-party service providers to handle app development, hosting, maintenance and other services. These providers may have access to your personal information to the extent it is necessary for them to complete their contractual obligations to us. We do our best to make these disclosures align with this policy, although certain large service providers do not expressly agree to such limitations in their contracts with us or their other customers.
3. In order to help third parties understand the interests, behaviors and usage patterns of our users, we may provide them with automatically collected and other collective non-personally-identifiable information. This may be used for certain programs, content, services, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
4. We may also disclose your information if (i) we are required to do so by law, or if (ii) we believe it is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability.
We will never sell or lease your personal information to anyone. We may share some information with third party services, but only for your ultimate benefit.
* YOU ARE IN CONTROL
You have the right to decline to share certain Personal Information that we ask you to provide, but must note that doing so may limit your use of certain features and functionality of the Learning Genie Service.
You may edit or delete your account information and submissions at any time by accessing your account through the Service or contacting our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that you will need to be actively connected to Internet Wi-Fi to do this, and even though your changes may be reflected, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to copies stored on their device. Additionally, your information may be retained for reasons intended to serve you better. Those reasons include but are not limited to: backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse and analytics.
In order to protect your privacy and make you feel secure, we take sensible steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. It is your responsibility, at all times, to uphold the confidentiality of your unique password and account information.
You don’t have to share information with us, and may edit your account settings at any time, but doing so may limit your use of certain features. Also, make sure that you keep your login password secret!
* THIRD PARTY SERVICES
As mentioned, Learning Genie may contain links or references to other websites/services hosted by third parties. If you provide information to a third party service or site, that information is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for any third party’s privacy policies, content or security practices. We encourage you to read and understand those policies of third parties before providing them with any personal information.
Once you access a link or reference to a third party through our service, any information you provide is subject to their privacy policies. Make sure you understand their policies before sharing any information.
* DATA SECURITY
Our website uses Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to encrypt information including user login and password, user account content, credit card numbers etc. This website also uses a generally accepted standard of technological security for the purpose of protecting all information provided by visitors from misuse, loss, or corruption. For instance, the only sensitive information we don’t hold is your email address. We deploy our backend through Amazon Web Services (AWS). We also use Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to hold and separate our data from Amazon’s public cloud. On our backend server, we use security token to communicate and verify the requests send to our back end API service.
If there is a breach of security, then we may either post a notice through the service or attempt to notify you via email so that you can take reasonable protective steps.
We are committed to keeping your information safe and secure. We use reliable web programs to keep our web services secure and to keep your information from the public. Should something ever go wrong with these security measures, we will let you know.
* NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Learning Genie Service is hosted in and generally intended for use in the United States. That being said, we do welcome international users as well. If you are a user from another region of the world, please note that you may be transferring your Personally Identifiable Information outside of those regions to the United States. Such regions may have laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, and by using the Service you comply to those jurisdictions for transfer, storage and processing of information.
If you are using Learning Genie outside of the US, some of your information may be transferred to the US, since that’s where we are.
We might make some changes to this policy from time to time, but we will always let you know if we do, and give you the chance to opt out.
* LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although Learning Genie has taken these practical and suitable measures to ensure that Personal Information is shared and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, Learning Genie cannot and does not guarantee that the Personal Information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted. In no event shall the Company be liable to you or any third party for any general, incidental, consequential, indirect, direct, special or punitive damages, arising out of or relating to your Personal Information.
Despite our hard work to achieve ultimate privacy and security, we can’t guarantee that nothing will go wrong. If something happens, we aren’t liable for the problem, but we will do everything we can to help solve it.
* CONTACT INFO
We love hearing from you. You can contact us at: email@example.com or 760-576-4822.