Learning Genie Inc (www.learning-genie.com) is a fast-growing education-tech startup company in Carlsbad, California. Our mission is to improve the lives of Early Learning teachers and leaders through technology innovations. Our key product provides mobile apps and data services to help early learning centers, PreK/TK of School Districts, and Head Start Programs better record children’s daily learning activities in digital portfolios, assess the developmental progress, and a tool for the data-driven family engagement. We are looking for a career-driven, self-motivated, energetic, and passionate person to join our outreach team. This is a senior level position.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is extremely comfortable talking to people on the phone, over the Internet, and in-person. The main responsibility of this role is educator engagement and community building so you’ve got to be an outgoing people-person!
- Has a strong design working for startup companies (and experience with a startup company a plus). Wants to be a part of something big, always willing to adapt to changes, is driven by the desire to make a meaningful impact in the growth of this company.
- Has direct working experience in an early childhood education setting and has a strong passion for powering parents and teachers to better the education of young children.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to get in early, get equity, and grow with an award-winning, fast-growing company that is moving to the next stage of its rapid development.
As the Educator Engagement Specialist, you will be responsible for driving the successful implementation of the company’s key initiatives in engaging the early childhood educator community, including
- Implementing the Certified Trainer Program in California and nation-wide,
- Providing demo and training to School Districts, Head Start Agencies, and early learning programs.
- Present or exhibit at the education conferences A successful Educator Engagement Specialist will also be responsible for driving user growth by focusing on building partnerships with school districts, education agencies, and Head Start programs, etc.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Use your knowledge in the ECE environment to identify the needs and prospect potential school districts, education agencies, and Head Start programs (leads) strategically.
- Outgoing phone calls and emails, providing web demonstrations, and tracking all lead and opportunity status.
- Conduct professional training to customers in webinars, onsite, or workshop format.
- Understand and research Early Learning Policies and Initiatives from various states and able to tune the demo/training towards the State-specific needs
- Obtain continuous customer feedback and communicate effectively to the internal team.
- Most importantly. . .it will be different every day! Being a startup company, there are always surprises and new challenges. You must be willing to jump into a new role or task quickly and confidently in order to keep things rolling smoothly! This position will also include fun traveling opportunities for education conferences.
- A real passion for making an impact on the early learning industry using technology
- Direct work experience in Early Childhood Education settings, a thorough understanding of Child Observation and Assessment, Family Engagement, and/or QRIS requirements.
- Head Start work experience and knowledge of federal requirements will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proactive and persistent in achieving goals
- Good attention to detail- Results-driven
- Comfortable working independently with little supervision, under pressure and tight deadlines- Fast learner and not afraid of learning new skills every day
- Self-motivated with a “Can Do” spirit
- This job requires travel (25%)
Reasons you might NOT be a good fit:
- If you desire just a daily routine in your job
- If you get easily discouraged when things don’t work out as planned
- If you don’t enjoy interacting with people
- If you are not excited about taking up challenges to excel
- If you are not passionate about Early Learning
What you will get from us:
- A fun, creative and dynamic work environment with a tight-knit team of passionate people!
- Competitive compensation and excellent health insurance, and other benefits
- Stock options in the company
- A great amount of fun and lots of learning
Excited about the opportunity? Please email your resume together with the following to HR email here
- A brief introduction of yourself and cover letter attached
- What motivates you to apply to this job?
- Earliest available time for a Zoom video interview
- Expected salary/ hourly rate. (Salary various based on experiences).
- When can you start working? Can you work at our office in Carlsbad?
- Tell me about your experience creating training documents, which you had before. Have you done training or coaching professionally?
*While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted due to limited resources. Thank you very much for your understanding! We look forward to talking to you.